Administrative/Teaching Position Openings
RED OAK COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Teaching Positions for the 2020-2021 Year
Anticipated Kindergarten Teacher
RED OAK COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Position Title: Kindergarten Teacher
Reports To: Principal
Responsible for meeting the academic, social emotional, and physical needs of kindergarten children while fostering student learning and maximizing the educational opportunities for each child. Establish positive relationships with students, parents, and staff members to create a developmentally appropriate environment where all students thrive. Strong knowledge of Literacy foundational skills and Iowa Common Core is desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties must be performed on site. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain standards of child behavior in order to create a classroom environment that promotes success for all students.
- Create a learning environment based on developmentally appropriate practices.
- Provide whole group, small-group, and individual instruction designed to meet the individual needs of children in the kindergarten program.
- Collaborate to develop daily and long-range lesson plans to provide whole group, small group, and individual student experiences appropriate to the needs of each child.
- Implement developmentally appropriate instructional practices and approaches in working with young children while using the district approved curriculum.
- Evaluate student growth (academic and socio-emotional), keep appropriate records and prepare reports.
- Provide immediate and specific feedback to students regarding their academic progress.
- Communicate with parents regularly to discuss a child's development and interpret the early childhood and school program.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with support staff
- Supervise students in out-of-class activities during the assigned work-day.
- Understanding and apply continuous improvement mindset
- Use data to drive driven decision-making
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities daily.
- Collaborate as a team member on grade level, building level and district level teams and committees.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Meet core expectations for all staff reflected in Iowa Administrative Code, Board Policy, and the district performance evaluation system.
- Assume other duties as assigned
Iowa Teaching License
Reading Endorsement and/or Early Childhood Endorsement Preferred
Special Education Teacher Position(s)
- Endorsements Needed: Instructional Strategist I or II (Elem or Second), or PK (100) Assignment TBD
Applications will be accepted on Teach Iowa
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Red Oak Community School District is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer